Overview OF INC
Rabu, 08/02/2017 WIB
There is a shift of paradigm in the health care services in which the focus of services is in a holistic point of view instead of the diagnosis of disease and treatment (Cohen, 1996). This paradigm shift brings a more advanced position for nurses in delivering the care. Literature mention that around 40% -75% of hospital services are nursing services (Gillies, 1994, in Swansburg & Swansburg, 1999) and almost services of health promotion and disease prevention both in hospitals and other health care settings was run by the nurses. This condition is being a concern of the government, associations, organizations, and educational institutions in graduating professionals in health care services. To meet the demands of society of which critically evaluating the quality of nursing services in hospitals or in the other settings.
Government policies through their regulations will have both direct and indirect impacts to the various agencies which involving in the establishment of the nursing profession standardization. Those standardization aimed to ensure the community receives a high quality care from a competent nurse. Implementation of the education is required to respond quickly as the challenges of globalization is a current issue. Therefore, nursing education must be able to produce graduates who are competent and capable to fulfill the national and international standards (Nurhadi, 2004).
There are still many problems that occur in clinical settings associated with the policy of the hospital or other health care settings. This problem might affect the quality of nursing education in Indonesia. Another phenomenon is the student still difficult to achieve the target of competence and the needs of the society parameters differentiation among vocational, bachelor and master education level (Antoni, 2012). Therefore the gait of Nursing Education Associations and Organizations is very helpful in the setting of nursing profession standards through professional education in order to achieve the quality of nursing competence. The packaging of professional nurse requires an adequate learning process facility, whether in the classroom, laboratory and clinical settings. Thus, the presence of nursing educational institutions, hospitals and clinics must support through the availability of the facilities, infrastructure and human resources such as providing preceptorship and clinical Instructor.
Based on this issue, Faculty of Nursing, Muhammadiyah University of Jakarta organizes the International Nursing Conferences, which represent the quality of clinical education with the theme “Improving Quality of Services Through Advanced Clinical Teaching and Practice : Preparing Global Health Challenges”
To obtain the descriptions of policy and the role of nursing organizations; the standards of nursing practice; legal aspects and law protection; teaching method in clinical practice of nurses and the integration of evidence based practice in clinical teaching, in order to enhancing the quality of nursing care to face global challenges.
Specifically, this conference is also aimed to obtain the further elaboration of:
- The government policy about the educational system in order to deal with the global challenge
- The private nursing association policy about hospital utilization as a clinical practice field to enhancing the quality of nursing competence
- The role of nursing education association in enhancing the quality of nurses through clinical teaching
- The nursing organization policy related to achievement of competence which in line with the standards of the nursing profession
- The effort of soft skill enhancement in clinical education
- Collaboration enhancement between hospital and educational institutions in the achievement of nurses competence
- Standardization of nursing clinical education in hospital for enhancing quality of care
- The description of clinical education practice in Faculty of Nursing. University Muhammadiyah of Jakarta
- How to integrate evidence based practice in clinical education.